Can I use my overseas driver’s license in Australia?

Yes you can use your overseas driver’s license to hire a car in Australia. However, the license must be in the English language and you must be able to show that you are on your open license.

If you are on an open license, but it is in a different language, you will need to provide a formal translation of your license into English.

You will usually be allowed to drive for up to 3 months on an overseas license as long as you are on a temporary visa visiting Australia.

More information on driving in Australia on an overseas license can be viewed on the Australian government website.
If you would like to search for a car rental quote, you can also use the search box below.