What do you need to drive in Australia?

If you plan to hire a vehicle and travel in Australia, you will need to show an International driver’s license that is in English. If your license is in a foreign language, you will need to have an official translation of your license into English and you will be required to have the official translation with you at all times while driving in Australia.

All States except for the Northern Territory accept open international driver’s licenses.

Before travelling to Australia, check the driver’s license requirements on the Australian Government website.

Learn more in this video below.

Loading search form…

How long do you want to hire a vehicle?

Short-term car hire

Long-term car hire

Looking for other car hire options? Consider these.